For the past four decades, DataMetrics™ Corporation has been working closely with our customers in Arizona to insure that we provide them with their own specialized products. DataMetrics™ Corporation has been working closely with our customers to insure that we provide them with their own specialized products.
Top 10 PC Repair Shops in Arizona
I have had many people over the years complain to me about computer repair shop problems. There are industry certifications for computer repair, but there isn't any law requiring companies to have these certifications or actually any training at all. There have been a couple of recent and interesting studies done evaluating computer repair companies.
In one such study a reporter unplugged the power to the hard drive from the power supply inside the computer. Fixing this would take less than 1 min. Several computer repair specialist were called to diagnose and fix the problem. About half of the individuals called were able to fix it for the minimum one-hour site visit charge. The other half either charged more, or had to take the computer back to their shop. Some of the technicians that took the computer back to the shop required that more hardware be purchased and one of them totaled more than $250 in additional hardware to fix the problem.
Another recent study took 18 computer stores, some large corporations like Best Buy and CompUSA and others were small mom and pop computer stores and gave them a total of 31 common and simple computer problems. Surprisingly, the computer repair shops could not solve 18 of the 31 problems. Of those 18 stores, only 7 stores were able to properly diagnose a bad hard drive cable. 8 of the 18 shops advised the computer owner to replace perfectly good parts averaging $340 in useless repairs.
The 18 stores were also given a computer with a faulty CD ROM drive.Only 8 of those stores re-attached the audio cable to the CD ROM drive.
A third study had 1 guy take a laptop with a failing hard drive into a computer repair store to get the hard drive problem diagnosed and replaced. On average the computer repair shops charged him over $100 dollars for backing up the 20 Gigs of data off the hard drive, another $200-$300 to replace the hard drive and an additional $150-$200 charge for removing spyware (which wasn't on the computer to begin with). After all was said and done, the reporter took the laptop to his 14-year-old neighbor who put in a new hard drive and got it working for the cost of the hard drive.
This is pretty depressing is not it?
So what should you do if you have computer problems? These 6 tips below should help you out.
1. Check to see if the computer is under warranty, and if it is, let the manufacture fix it.
2. Back up all of your data. It's a good idea to keep backups anyway.
3. Use some diagnostic tools to try to determine or solve the problems yourself.
4. Locate and recovery disks that came with your PC. These might be necessary in restoring it or could be used to perform diagnostic checks as well.
5. Ask your friends for recommendations on computer repair shops or people and be sure to check to see if they have insurance and certifications.
6. When you drop off the machine, get a written estimate of what the repair will cost and how long it will take. Tell the technicians you want to approve any additional costs and part replacements.
And if all else fails. Google it!
Laptop Repair May Lead to Unsuspecting Theft of Your Identity
Laptop repair used to be a very expensive and long winded process, however nowadays this need not be the case as self repair of our laptops has become an increasing popular alternative offering many benefits over and above what you would receive from a laptop repair service including a financial and time saving gain for us all. With this in mind I would like to take a moment to explain the process of self repair for your laptop, how to go about it, and where to gather your resources to ensure that the repair of your laptop is as quick and easy as can be, as well as a maximum benefit financially.
The first thing you need when you are thinking of laptop repair, and doing it yourself is the knowledge to ensure that you can carry out the repair confidently, and easily - this doesn't mean that you have to be a technician to complete the task, and with the vast information available online you can research and gain this knowledge from the comfort of your own home, and in you own time. This makes laptop repair at home a more accessible option for many, meaning that everyone can gain from this process. Making sure you take the time to understand the basics of your laptop and the repair that you will be carrying out will ensure that you are successful and receive the optimal benefit of the time saving that this method brings with it.
Until recently when you needed laptop repair you would be without a computer for days, even weeks whilst the laptop was sent in for it´s repair, nowadays you can have the repair done in a day and be back up and running, whether it be for business, or personal use this is something that we all like to have available to us - the mobility and convenience of a well functioning laptop. Once you have gained the knowledge and understand what you need to carry out in order for the laptop repair to be successful you now need to source the parts and spares to do the repair.
When it comes to buying your laptop parts you need to bear in mind that you are carrying out the repair of your laptop to gain financially among the other many benefits - with this factor in mind you need to ensure you get quality parts for a quality price, and quickly. This is something that can be done online and providing you use the right site or store you will get same day shipping meaning you are getting the financial gain and time saving benefit of laptop repair at home.
- Computer Repair Store Arizona
- Laptop Motherboard Repair Phoenix
- Laptop Backlight Repair Tucson
- Repair Computer Mesa
- Monitor Repair Chandler
- Repair Computer Gilbert
- Laptop Motherboard Repair Glendale
- Repair Hard Drive Scottsdale
- Computer Repair Services Tempe
- PC Repair Peoria
- Mac Repair Surprise
- Mac Computer Repair Yuma
- HP Laptop Repair Avondale
- Computer Repair Parts Goodyear
- Computer Repair Flagstaff
- Dell Computer Repair Buckeye
- LCD Repair Lake Havasu City
- HP Repair Casa Grande
- Notebook Repair Maricopa
- Laptop Keyboard Repair Sierra Vista
- Tablet Repair Oro Valley
- Laptop Repair Shop Prescott Valley
- Local Computer Repair Prescott
- Tablet Repair Marana
- Laptop Screen Repair Bullhead City
- Thinkpad Repair Apache Junction
- Computer Screen Repair El Mirage
- Mobile Computer Repair Service Queen Creek
- Lcd Laptop Screen Repair San Luis
- Mac Repair Kingman
- Apple Computer Repair Sahuarita
- Mobile Laptop Repair Florence
- Laptop Keyboard Repair Fountain Hills
- Laptop Screen Repair Nogales